[Geysers] GIANT at 0808 18 July 2007! (Schwarz)

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Thu Jul 19 08:20:16 PDT 2007

In a message dated 7/18/2007 11:55:26 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
mbschwar at hotmail.com writes:

GIANT  started at 0808.  Catfish
started about 0809 and Mastiff and Catfish  ended abpout 0812 and 30 seconds.
There was no wind, so the steam  cloud was straight up.  Because of the
steam we could not see the  highest water.

Mary Beth,

My time to send along a thank you -- thanks for sending along the reports
about Giant, Grand and etc. I am very much enjoying being here. The monsoon
season has set in pretty well. Last evening there was a strong storm that only
gave us a nice rain shower, but only three miles away the same storm blew down
trees and caused some flooding with 1 inch of rain in less than half an hour.
 Now we have an 80% chance of strong storms tomorrow and with that, high
temperatures down to the 90s. This morning's low of 75 degrees made for a
wonderful bike ride. Really, summer in Tucson is not bad at all. But I'll be  happy
to get back to Yellowstone, too.

This Sunday Betty and I drive over to Palm Desert, CA, where we'll both be
seeing our doctor on Monday and I'll be getting my every-three-months blood
test  done. If all goes well, we'll be back here by Wednesday. But we'll stay
longer  there if it is convenient for the real estate transaction -- if I didn't
mention  it before, our Palm Desert condo finally sold, as of last Monday, so
the initial  escrow stuff will be coming up probably by next week.

Thanks again. Hope there's been some rain there.

Scott