[Geysers] Shoshone Geyser Basin

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon Jul 9 20:20:20 PDT 2007

In a message dated 7/9/2007 7:42:43 PM Mountain Daylight Time,  OTTS at byui.edu
writes:

I  recently visited the Shoshone Geyser Basin, but I have had a lot of
trouble  identifying the features that I observed (with all due respect to Mr. Bryan’
s  great book).  Could anybody help identify these for  me?

It's too long since I've been back to Shoshone and I'm bound and determined
to make it this fall. So:

1. Rosette Spring (with Iron Spring in the foreground)
2. Impenetrable Spring
3. Kitchen Spring (maybe; or at least in that area)
4. Taurus Spring
5. if this is the feature shown in the background of image #7, then this is
unnamed.
6. unsure; it's pretty, though
7. Black Sulphur Spring
8. Soap Kettle (proper form of the name is two words)
Geyser Cone is indeed Union Geyser's central (main) cone
Union is in fact Minute Man Geyser (Minute Man's Pool shown between the  cone
and the hillside)