[Geysers] Geyser report July 8

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sun Jul 8 17:28:20 PDT 2007

In the UGB today only from about 0730 untill 1105, via Firehole Lake  Drive
both in- and outbound. With rather little going on down basin, I never  went
farther that way than Grand. But of course, there were radio calls and some
info passed along.

Riverside was 0816.

Daisy was 0832.

I gathered that Grotto started at about the time of my arrival, as the 0803
Rocket major was "only half an hour into Grotto." It did the job, with Grotto
off by 0826.

Giant hot periods (about 3 minutes each) were called at 0814 and  1024.

Oblong was 1026.

Grand 1333E and 0626.

Castle at 0244E was a minor, the major at 0658.

At 0758, with Sawmill working on a deep drain but still in eruption, I
caught Uncertain.

Aurum was 0827.

Lion 0925 initial and 1100.

I got Plate at 0748ns and 1035.

Plume erupted at 0820, 0909, 0955, and 1051.

In the Lower Basin:

Yesterday I mentioned to others while awaiting Logbridge that there was a
small geyser nor far left of Logbridge that I'd only seen one time last year,
never before or since. Well, until 0707 on today's drive in. As with last year,
 the duration of the small, slender 5-foot jet was about 20 seconds.

Great Fountain had a very nice eruption (blue [or at least blue-ish]  bubbles
in burst series 1, 2, 3 and 4) starting at 1346 (OV = 76, P = 6).

White Dome erupted at 1228, 1241, 1302ie, 1332, 1414 and 1439.

Lynn caught the start of Pink Cone at 1017 and later I waited out its total
duration of 98 minutes. While there I noted that I'd just missed Labial and,
in  more than 40 minutes, I saw just one Bead and nothing else (not even Box).

Lynn had also gotten Narcissus at 0922 (d ~ 10m).

Fountain was 0842ie and not again as of 1500.

Please note that I will probably be into the park as a gazer tomorrow,  and
so will have a report of some kind. But on Tuesday I fly to Arizona for a
month. You'll just have to survive without me!