[Geysers] Geyser report July 7

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sat Jul 7 15:36:47 PDT 2007

I have learned that some people have been a bit puzzled at some of my
apparent "omissions" in these reports, such as not including note of yesterday
afternoon's Beehive. Well, I can't report on something I don't know about. So
note that today I arrived in the UGB at 0725, departed there at about  1100.

I know you've all heard about last evening's Giant eruption. Apparently it
really was "giant" in scale; for sure, the "Giant Geyser" sign log was washed
75  feet or so down the runoff channel and the "Danger" sign beneath the cage.
No, I  wasn't there, so I have no details except that this was a Giant
Function  eruption on which, as usual, Feather and Satellite continued to play after
Mastiff had dropped. That's about all I know. Interval 8d 07h 16m. Chart
attached.

Grotto was in a marathon this morning, ending at abouot 0930. I do not
recall seeing the level of Variable Spring this low at any time since 1988. Even
its most vigorous splashes were barely visible from the boardwalk.

Daisy was 0641and 0906.

The single Oblong while I was there was at 0953, and it was very  tall.

Grand was 0106E and 0954 (T1C).

No Castle while I was in the UGB. But I did see an eruption by Tilt's Baby
at 1017ie, albeit only 1 foot high.

Lion was 0732 initial, ----?, and 1017.

Somebody called Depression at 1010ie.

Perhaps noted by others, but yesterday afternoon after I left the UGB,
Beehive erupted at 1520, for an interval of 27h 08m. There was an Indicator,
evidently of about 8 minutes.

Early today in the Lower Basin, I saw a very large eruption by K13, I guess
75 feet high. I also saw a rather large eruption by NTFL, but it did not
repeat  in the subsequent 30 minutes.

Later, Barbara got Fountain at 0739 (d = 33m).

Logbridge wass 1124 (d = 33s) and 1209 (d = 31s), for an interval of  45m.

Great Fountain started overflow at 1115 (per Lynn), and erupted at 1225 (OV
= 70; P = 0).

Barbara caught Pink at 1212ns.

Pink Cone was 1309.

Labial at 1416.