[Geysers] Delays at Grand 30 June, 1 July, 2 July 2007 (Schwarz)

MaryBeth Schwarz mbschwar at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 3 09:23:07 PDT 2007

     On 3 July Grotto is in marathon since 0106 start.  Yesterday's
minimarathon(?) recovery hot period was at 1445, d=8m 37s.

     For the last three days Grand has had a Vent delay for the afternoon
eruption.  On 30 June Grand was high and overflowing and Vent started
overflowing, but Grand's pool dropped and Vent dropped (not a classic 25m or
greater Turban interval) for a Vent delay at 1429.  Finally Grand erupted
out of the prediction window at 1656(V8/G1Q), I=10h 40m.

     On 1 July Grand eruptions were at 0001(T2*C) and 0916(T2C).  The
afternoon Grand had a Vent delay at 1741 and the eruption was at
1858(V4/T1Q), I=9h42m.

     On 2 July Grand was 0203 Electronic and 0843(TiC).  Then again the
afternoon Grand had a Vent delay at 1629 and erupted at 1918(V9/T2Q), I=10h
35m (out of the window by 35m).

     On 3 July the prediction window was between 0115 and 0515, but Grand
was seen at 0540ie, so there was another long interval that missed the
window.  We may need to move the prediction window from the current 8h to
8.5h or even 9h if this activity persists and there are no intervals shorter
than 6.5 to 7 hours.

     Mary Beth Schwarz