[Geysers] Transactions 10: Call for papers

Ron Keam r.keam at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Jul 2 00:04:46 PDT 2007

Hi Jeff,

Yesterday and today I have been able to spend a little time pursuing
the matter of providing an article along the lines of your original
request to me concerning your experiment demonstrating the change of
pressures caused when a bubble rises through a constriction in a
U-tube.  This is to be regarded more as a preliminary draft than
anything else, and is incomplete in that I have not provided any
accompanying diagram at this stage.  (I have drafted only rough
sketches so far.)

Nor have I yet had a chance to look at any of those references you
mentioned in your message of 8 May.

I am requesting comment as to whether or not the presentation is
along the lines of what you were expecting.

In two weeks I shall be back in harness, giving a course in Special
and General Relativity during our second semester, but there is just
this brief gap and I wanted to make a start in fulfilling your
request.

All the very best,
Sincerely,
Ron Keam

P.S.  In the first sentence I refer to your original item as a
"geyser list posting".  I have never been very sure what to call a
message (or even the set of postings by an organisation).  Is my
terminology the standard one, or, if not, is there a better one?