[Geysers] Disney True Life Adventures

Kevin & Sherri Leany ksleany at cox.net
Sun Jan 28 09:40:00 PST 2007

My wife gave me a DVD set from Disney titled "Walt Dsiney Legacy Collection - True Life Adventures Volume 3".  This is mostly animal shows (and includes "Bear Country"), however on the bonus disk there is a short from the 1955 "Disneyland" television show that many of you may enjoy called "The Yellowstone Story".  It is only about 15 minutes long, but does a short history of Yellowstone.  It is black and white and has some great geyser shots including Grand, Riverside, Castle, among others.  It also covers some of Canyon and Mammoth.  I enjoyed the cars and trucks that were shown.  There is a shot of a VERY brave ranger checking how hot Crested Pool is.  Then there is a good shot of Morning Glory Pool with no railing and a boardwalk all the way around the pool.

The cost is less than $25 and to me the Yellowstone Story was worth that (although the person who designed the case should be fired).

Kevin Leany
ksleany at cox.net