[Geysers] yes, GIANT

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 23 14:09:27 PST 2007

The cam is our best start time, 1039, and it was confirmed by a guide within 5 minutes or so.  I'll go see where the signs went tomorrow morning.

In the early steaminess, it sounds like Kelli English saw a solo Grotto Fountain i.e. at 0952, and Grotto was i.e. at 1205 per guide reports.

In other geyser news, Beehive's indicator has been full of water on occasion lately, for hours sometimes.  Beehive was seen on the cam a couple days ago, but hasn't been seen often lately.

Old Faithful has had enough in-between-duration intervals that we've begun using an in-between interval of 85 minutes when the eruption isn't a short but lasts less than 3 m 55 s.  Woe to the ranger on duty when a mid-day eruption comes early and folks are still motoring in.

2.8 and 2.5 quakes woke most everyone up near midnight last night.  The epicenter was near OA2 campsite beyond Lone Star, and the depth was reported as 0.0.

Carolyn at Old Faithful