[Geysers] Help with identification, please

Paul Behunin lord_aragorn_elessar at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 16 11:52:39 PST 2007

Hey Diane,

I had to go to my National Geographic Trails Illustrated map of Yellowstone
to figure out a possible answer to your question, as there is no mention of
a geyser in that specific area in "The Geysers of Yellowstone." The steam
cloud is probably "Washburn Hot Springs," according to the map. I watched
the Mt. Washburn webcam for a few days and the steam cloud is pretty
constant, so there may be a perpetual spouter or fumarole there. I have
never been in that area; can any other gazers shed more light on this?

Hope it's helpful; have a great one!

Paul V. Behunin