[Geysers] Another picture

David Monteith dmonteit at icehouse.net
Sun Jan 14 09:38:56 PST 2007

As you might expect from a good entrepreneur, FJ Haynes couldn't resist
updating the previous picture once the Inn was constructed.  I'm not sure
of the date of this one but it is in the early years of the Inn, I'd guess
it is from 1904.  I once read that the boy in this picture is Jack Ellis
Haynes but, I'm not positive of the identification.  It should also be
noted that Haynes was fond of this composition.  Besides the two photos
I've posted, there is a third picture predating the shack hotel showing a
tent camp located on the future site of the Inn.

I need to read through my posts before I send them.  The picture of the
shack hotel was circa 1890, not 1895.  The shack hotel was constructed in
1885 and burned down in 1894.

Dave