[Geysers] GIANT 1/11 1045 VR

Karen Low yellowstonekaren at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 11 19:53:18 PST 2007

Carolyn, I'll probably head out there tomorrow (even with the bitter temperatures, but it won't be very early).  I'll stop by the VC first and grab the data shuttle and download Grand.  I just talked to Steve Hinch and he said he went by about 3:30-4:00pm and the signs weren't rolled and there was snow on everything (platform and signs), but I don't know what else the guest could have seen.

  Karen

carolyn loren <caroloren98 at hotmail.com> wrote:

We'd heard it went, and caught up with the viewers at the 1514 Old Faithful. For one of them it's a first trip to Yellowstone; on a cold windchill day (4 below at least, without the wind), he watched Giant for about 40 minutes. It was still erupting when he left.

Neither saw the start from the platform, but described an eruption "way" taller than Old Faithful, with water gushing under the platform. Neither visitor noticed the log signs moving; we won't know about that for a bit, since we won't be out there until Saturday (there is no geyser prediction schedule on evening program days).

Back to work,

Carolyn Loren