[Geysers] Hint -- Mystery gesyer 1

Paul Strasser upperbasin at comcast.net
Tue Jan 9 17:55:27 PST 2007

Believe it or not, I think both were of Mortar.

The first is lower mortar !! before all the erosion, the second is upper
mortar (I think you can see the back lip of lower mortar as the darker bit
of sinter.  It looks like there are more than one vent, but I think that's a
trick of a long exposure and peculiar steam.

If I'm right (heh.) just remember that the area around Mortar has had
profound erosion in the last 30 years.  And in the 50s there really wasn't
any sort of gully between the sinter near the road and the vents.

I reserve the right to be wrong.

Paul Strasser

  _____