[Geysers] Needy Novice

John Taliaferro johntalia at starband.net
Mon Feb 26 08:27:19 PST 2007

Permit me to introduce myself. My name is John Taliaferro. I am an author, living half the year in Austin, Texas, half in Paradise Valley, 40 miles north of YNP. Over the years, I have been an intermittent reader of the Sput and an avid if untutored admirer of the park's geothermal wonders. I have recently finished a book (set in Alaska -- In a Far Country: The True Story of a Mission, a Marriage, a Murder, and the Remarkable Reindeer Rescue of 1898), and at last I have reached a point in my life and career where I am able to devote more attention to my steamy neighbors. I'll be at the Snow Lodge on March 7-8 for some cross-country skiing. I'm eager for any suggestions on particular geysers or gazers I might introduce myself to while there. I've been following the e-mail traffic on this site for the past couple of weeks (especially re: Steamboat) and would like to think that one day I might be able to contribute a worthy observation of my own. Respectfully,

John Taliaferro
P.O. Box 9
Pray, MT 59065
406-333-4109