[Geysers] Oversized pictures -- A Warning

David Crotty decrotty at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 16 03:16:49 PST 2007

All,
It is possible that some folk don't know how to reduce the size of a photo.  I strongly recommend a free photo editor called Irfanview found at www.irfanview.com/.  It has the ability to do many nice things to a photo, including reducing the file size.  Besides that, the most important thing is that you can adjust the brightness/contrast etc so that a junky digital photo becomes clear and viewable.  The max size you should send accross a phone line is 680x480, and really half that is usually more than adequate.  Hope this is helpful
Dave Crotty