[Geysers] Norris 2/11/07

Chase Ellison crellison at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 11:00:12 PST 2007

I took a very very quick trip to Norris last sunday. Sorry about
reporting it a bit late as I just now got time.

Steamboat: All minors were very very very small north vent initiated
Echinus: Was a foot or two below overflow. I could not tell if it had
erupted recently snow does not sit very well in that area as well as
it had been in the 40's for the week before
Vixen: No snow near it and heard very shallow spahing and gurggling.
Ledge: Calm quit and very still
Black growler had a nice ice formation around it.
That small perpetual spouter on the north end of the board walk of
porcelain basin was is a loud steam phase.
I saw nothing from constant or whirligig.
Forgotten fumarole: Had very light splashing on the west side of its
vent.