[Geysers] Info from last week in Yellowstone

Gary Novak g.novak at gte.net
Mon Feb 12 21:04:57 PST 2007

MessageFirst, special thanks to rangers Carolyn, Kelli and Megan for making it a great trip and for tolerating my giddy calls.  It was great to meet Carolyn at Castle after she had downloaded the datalogger.  She looked so small on that big geyser.  Wow.

Tuesday, Feb 6, 2007

Old Faithful    06:25 IE;
                        07:58 - 08:02 (I only mention these because I had them all to myself)

Grand caught us by surprise that morning and I didn't get the time in my book.  But I did call it in.

Lone Star    13:52 - 13:55 minor
                        14:28 - 14:44 (water phase) major;  14:44 - 14:51 (steam phase)

Wednesday, Feb 7, 2007

Riverside     11:00 - 11:32 (we waited over an hour and a half while Riverside was in overflow)

Thursday, Feb 8, 2007

Grand        10:50 IE
Daisy         10:55
Grotto and Rocket were IE at 11:02; Riverside was filling and below overflow at this time.

Giant skunked me again.  Rats!

Karen . . . always a pleasure to hang out on the geyser basin with you.

I am (slowly) processing photos.  You can see the ones that are done to date here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geysergary/

And I am developing a "Yellowstone in Winter" set that includes more than just geysers:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geysergary/sets/72157594529120491/

Trip report forthcoming.

That's all, folks!

Gary
g.novak at gte.net

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx