[Geysers] Chapple's mystery geyser photo

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sun Feb 11 07:36:05 PST 2007

I have attached a copy of the photo that I researched and included in
Transactions VII (page 127). Persons contacted about this picture included Lee
Whittlesey, Rocco Paperiello, Jack Davis (Olde America Antiques, Bozeman), and
even Gigette Gould (Photo Archivist, Montana Historical Society). Conclusion #1,
 this is not a Haynes photo; conclusion #2, nobody knowns who took the photo;
 conclusion #3, nobody therefore has any idea when the photo was taken.

However, I think just a glance at this picture is all that's needed to
confirm that Chapple's mystery is, indeed, Steamboat.... errrr... New  Crater.