[Geysers] Giant update and other geyser news

Karen Low yellowstonekaren at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 9 19:00:21 PST 2007

Grotto was ie when I got down basin at 1200, but I stuck around Giant anyway to try to catch a hot period, since Bijou was still on.  Water started rising slowly in Mastiff at 1259.  Southwest vents turned on first, and Feather started at 1301.  Feather Satellite started at 1309.  What I could see of Mastiff through the steam looked very flat, but it was overflowing.  Hot Period ended at 1309.

  Heading back up basin, Penta was ie at 1320, so I watched it until it quit at 1350.  First Penta I'd seen in ages!

  Karen Low