[Geysers] Whistle photo

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Tue Feb 6 20:46:04 PST 2007

In a message dated 2/6/2007 6:26:50 PM Mountain Standard Time,
geysergaze at earthlink.net writes:

Attached is the photo that accompanied Clark Murray's article about (and
showing) the Whistle Geyser eruption of July 18, 1991 (the photo was taken
sometime after 2100, explaining the lack of full illumination). I do recall  other
photos by Charlie Goldberg, but I probably chose to use Clark's  photo to
accompany his own article (GOSA Transactions, volume III, page 52)...  Might
Goldberg photo(s) have been in the Sput? I'll let somebody else search  for that.

Scott Bryan

Actually, that is  Charlie Goldberg's  photo. I only took video of the
eruption.

Clark  Murray

Though it is 15 years passing, this fact disappoints me but shows that even
when this was published, in _The GOSA Tansactions_about 15 years ago (press
date  of 1992), people who were given the opportunity to proof the articles
pre-publication didn't do so well.

Well, I tried. So now this, a matter that has been in my mind for quite  some
time.

It is increasingly evident that the "members" of GOSA (along with the other
readers of these pages) really don't care much about passing along information
 about geysers. Oh, yes, a few do post one or two annual trip recollections.
And presumably those e-mail postings are being preserved by the NPS-YNP
archives. Whee. They are NOT repeat NOT being distributed in any here-and-now,
and since they are nothing more than personal recollections, they are  of little
future value.

_The GOSA Transactions_ was designed as a venue to preserve  _analytical_
information about the geysers. But almost nobody wishes to  contribute. If
anything, it has been at least partially ursurped by The Sput. It  is now well over
two years that Transactions X has been awaiting submissions. It  has received
exactly one, and that was received over a year ago.

OK. I've got other stuff in life, so I quit. Yep. As I said above, this is
not a new thought to me. I encourage GOSA to seek a new editor for the
Transactions. I will readily, and quickly (a fraction of a CD-ROM and/or a few
seconds on highspeed internet) pass along what little I have for a new  volume.