[Geysers] Christmas Geyser Gazing UGB

Karen Low yellowstonekaren at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 25 15:07:48 PST 2007

If you saw someone shortly before 11am today on the webcam with a reindeer antler headband in a green coat, that was me.

Castle was ie in steam phase at 1114.  Sawmill had control of the group, and Penta had not erupted since we got the huge dump of snow yesterday afternoon.

At Giant, there was snow around the features including on India.  So I went and glanced in the GIP, and could see the water rising in it as I watched.  The hot period started at 1137, and ended at 1141.  Feather, Feather Satellite, Rust, and the Southwest Vents were visible through the steam.  I couldn't see any surging out of Mastiff, but it seemed to be overflowing steadily.  The hot period didn't melt any significant amount of snow, so I'm guessing it wasn't the first since the Grotto marathon yesterday.

Geyser Hill was fairly quiet.  Beehive had the Back Bubbler on but not Close to Cone.  So I watched Anemone for a while before heading in for lunch.

Karen Low