[Geysers] Snyder Mystery Geyser #2

Pat Snyder riozafiro at comcast.net
Sat Dec 8 11:44:24 PST 2007

I figured out Graham's second mystery geyser last night after I posted
my wrong guess--with a little help from Tara Cross--it's Beehive's
Indicator! She wisely pointed out something I did not see at first--
while I knew there was a drop off to the Firehole River behind the
geyser, I didn't notice the orange bacterial mats behind it, too. That
means it had to be near constant runoff. The only place I could think
of with that "look" was around Beehive.

Very nice cropping, Graham, it looks like the Indicator is trying to
be a fountain type rather than a cone type geyser.

Here's another mystery geyser, Snyder #2. Enjoy guessing!
Pat Snyder