[Geysers] Giant & Streaming Video

Bruce Jensen bpnjensen at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 6 19:20:00 PST 2007

Not having seen the video in question it is hard to be sure, but I suspect
that it would be nearly impossible to differentiate between Rocket Major
and Grotto except possibly as to duration of play.  They are simply too
close together!

Bruce Jensen
************

--- Polly Panos <pollypanos at earthlink.net> wrote:

---------------------------------
body{font-family:
Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:9pt;background-color:
#ffffff;color: black;}body{font-family:
Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:9pt;background-color:
#ffffff;color: black;}
I only made a couple of notes to myself as I watched that day:

   Grotto? 1535 wc  (and I didn't write it down, but I believe that there
was some steam to the right of it beforehand.  It seemed a little far
right to be Grotto Fountain, but could have been).

   ~1650 Giant Hot Period?  or just wind shift?  Rocket?  In other words,
there was something different at that time - an increase in steam and it
appeared to be coming from a different spot.  The temperatures were very
cold that day, which I am sure increased the amount of steam from what we
usually see.  (And, of course, Fan & Mortar could have been doing
something during this time period, too, as others have mentioned.)

A question about last Friday, November 30.  Did anyone else see the steam
cloud down basin that afternoon (1620 ie)?

Polly Panos