[Geysers] People on Minute Man Geyser

Paul Strasser upperbasin at comcast.net
Sat Dec 1 21:18:30 PST 2007

It's not a matter of them having permits - but I doubt there is any permit
to actually climb on a cone.  The problem is the photo.  In fact, I have
some issues with every photo that shows feet, legs, etc.

Just about every photo I see of interesting things in nature that require
scale include a meter or yardstick, or even a pen/pencil/ruler for small
features.  Not adidas or workboots.

I have no idea why they thought their footwear (or in the case of some
features, their bodies) in any way contributed to the scientific data in the
photos.  It basically only shows the world "Hey, we're standing by this
feature."

Paul Strasser