[Geysers] Slot Geyser questions

Ralph Taylor ralpht at fuse.net
Sun Aug 26 22:11:08 PDT 2007

I noticed Slot (and the large unnamed hole between Slot and Plate) erupting
to half a meter or so at the start of a Plate eruption a few weeks ago.
During my weekly downloads the large hole and Slot itself (which is quite
small) were wet and well-washed of sand and gravel.

The data logger has shown frequent (~15 minute) periods of increased
temperature on some days, nothing on other days.  I have not been able to
spend enough time there to get a good idea of the magnitude of the activity,
but I do know that it is short duration (less than one minute).

Ralph Taylor

  _____