[Geysers] Geyser report August 26

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sun Aug 26 15:46:36 PDT 2007

I made it a relatively short day in the basins today, in part because of
some fierce afternoon winds.

Nobody paid much attention to Grotto-Giant, of course.

Fan and Mortar had a relatively long-duration event cycle this morning, but
then the vents never had strong water.

One Riverside, at 0858ns.

Daisy was presumably a single interval with eruptions at 0934 and  1309.

Oblong 0956 and 1403.

Grand was 2300 (T1Q) last night, then not until 0828 (T2C) today.

Castle had a minor t 0147E, the major at 0650E (0652ie visual).

The Lion at 0826 was apparently eruption #2 of the series, and its  end.

I got Plume intervals of 52 and 56 minutes.

I don't know who it was, but the radio call of Aurum at 1314 was incorrect
-- Aurum did not erupt at that time.

Down valley, Great Fountain was 1045, P = 4.

Pink Cone went at 1200 for an interval of 20h 42m.

Tomorrow a group of at least 8 people (self included) will be inundating  the
Shoshone Geyser Basin.