[Geysers] Geyser report August 12

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sun Aug 12 16:27:01 PDT 2007

A fairly ordinary day in the basin, with one particular exception.

That being... at Fan & Mortar, at 1353 following Bottom Vent eruptions  and
Main Vent splashing and then a River Vent start, High and Gold came on.  Thanks
to Dean for calling the progression. Water levels remained good in H and  H
for several minutes. They then died down and came back, died down and came
back. At 20 minutes, water still looked pretty good but at about 21 minutes the
vents finally died. More than once on those "restarts" it seemed as if Fan was
 about to go into a lock. But nope.

Grotto started a marathon at about 0600 -- Bijou was effectively dead by
about 1030.

Artemisia was 0930ie, apparently producing an interval of (yes) about 31
hours.

Daisy was 0704, 1018 and (I think) 1337 (I was riding the bike and didn't
write it down right away).

Oblong at 1019 was the only one while I was in the area.

Grand was 0429E and then thrilled us at 1310 (V5/T2*Q).

Castle had a major at 1041.

After sitting on Aurum since near 0700 (when it was splashing nicely), the
Millers finally got it at 1325.

Great Fountain was 1219. Fountain was 1011ie. At 0801, I saw the geyser out
along Tangled Creek splashing to a foot or so -- to my knowledge, we've seen
nothing from it since early May.

Scott Bryan

Note that several fires are burning in the park. Columbine 2 fire is
threatening to close East Entrance road. Huckleberry fire a ways west of South
Entrance also flared up today. We also today have a fire a few miles west of  West
Yellowstone.