[Geysers] Geyser report August 10

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri Aug 10 15:41:36 PDT 2007

Well, you all know about today's Giant. I arrived early enough to still see
from Crested Pool water jetting above the Oblong trees. Chart attached.  Kitt
says the duration was 95 minutes.

Interesting observations that I'd like to know if others have seen. About 2
1/2 hours after Giant's start, at 0824, I saw Turtle splashing repeatedly to
at  least 3 feet high. At a few minutes later, at 0835, I found Marathon Pool
in  overflow, the runoff extending 12-15 feet away from the crater.

Spa was ie at 1012 (tall spikes seen from Grand) and was probably having
activity as early as 0900.

Grotto started during the Giant and was still going as of noon or so, about
the time all gathered at Beehive...

So I'll stick that in here -- Beehive at 1221, no Indicator. (Water rose  and
stood, then dropped in the Indicator a handful of minutes before Beehive
began with a bang. It did splash 3 or 4 times, to about 3 feet, fully 3 minutes
into the Beehive.)

Artemisia was 0914 and had a duration of 28 1/2 minutes.

Fan and Mortar were in total garbage at 1000.

Riverside was 1305. Daisy 1017. Those are the only ones called while I was
around.

Grand was 1022, T2Q.

Tilt's Baby had full-force eruptions at 0820ie and 0940ie.

Lion finally pulled its initial at 1248. Plate was 1048. Aurum was 1232.
Plume was active, as were Anemone and Old Faithful.

Guess that's all. Neither inbound nor outbound did I see anything worth
reporting at MGB or LGB.