[Geysers] Geyser report

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 6 17:33:12 PDT 2007

THIS MESSAGE IS FOR THE PERSONAL USE OF THE READERS OF THIS LISTSERV AND IS NOT TO BE REPRODUCED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE INCLUDING PUBLICATION IN THE SPUT.

Sometime between 8 am on 8/4 and 9 am on 8/5, Pebble dropped below overflow and Crack had at least one eruption.  Since then Pebble has been below overflow and Gemini's right (south) vent has been active whenever I have driven past or waited there at White Dome.

I have seen 4 major eruptions of Atomizer geyser in the past week.  All of them came 60 to 90 minutes after a minor; none of them were the "quick comeback" majors 7 to 12 minutes after a minor.  This may be the reason the intervals have stretched out to lengths that were more common during the 1980s and early 1990s.  I had a closed interval of 15h09m, a double interval that averatged 15h56.5m, and a closed interval of 16h57m.

Lynn Stephens