[Geysers] Geyser report April 26

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Thu Apr 26 15:18:21 PDT 2007

There was no geyser report for yesterday, because I drove a van tour.  While
at Old Faithful, I did see Plume twice, Old Faithful twice, Depression
(once!), and probably the steam cloud from Riverside. We had no luck at  Fountain,
seeing only a single Jet.

Today... a lot of sun and no rain, but at times a very strong and  unpleasant
wind -- my eyes are quite unhappy right now. Temp in the 40s.

Lion was 0808webcam and 0931.

Depression was also at 0931. I didn't write down yesterday's Depression
time, but today's play implies an interval of around 21 hours (I think) -- or as
many might hope, half that. But it apparently had not been seen in previous
days.

Beehive is basically unchanged. If anything, the water in the Indicator was
a bit lower today than on Tuesday. I never did see Aurum today.

I was in sight of only two Plumes, 0949 and 1402. Quite a few Plumes have
had five bursts.

Castle was 2249E last evening and 1138 (major) today.

To fill in a bit of record, yesterday Grand was at 0203E, 1004, and  1642cam.
Today it was at "about 0730webcam, and I wasn't around for the next  eruption.

At about 0900 Oblong had its first overflow after an eruption, and the next
eruption definitely did not happen until 1311.

Daisy was long, too, being 0933ie and 1258ie.

Grotto ended a normal eruption sometime between 0820 and 0840. As it worked
toward the next eruption, there was a Central Vent Delay at 1233, a Central
Vent  Delay at 1316, and finally Grotto Fountain at 1347 quickly followed by
Grotto at  1348 (about 1 1/2 minutes between the two starts).

At 0845 or so Giant had recently had a hot period. I don't think there was
another until 1154 (d=3m41s, Mastiff a few surges to 1-2 feet, no Satellite).
Then at 1327 (d=3m38s, Satellite on but Mastiff essentially flat  throughout).

Riverside produced its first firm time report in three or four days, at  1223.

Bill Warnock wanted me to hold F&M until his return (scheduled for
yesterday, I think). So far so good -- the marker was there at noon.

Barry Leedy reported Artemisia as 1858ie last evening; I did not see it
today.

Tis all.