[Geysers] Smoke Seen on Webcam

snorkology at sysmatrix.net snorkology at sysmatrix.net
Wed Apr 11 21:45:37 PDT 2007

Hi folks!

Regarding the smoke in the picture,I'm convinced that it's snow on the
lens, or on the glass in front of it. The snow looks dark because that
particular clump is in shadow. I also took the photo(see attachment) and
increased the contrast a little, and you can see a sort of graininess to
the dark area. There have been smaller versions of this clump sticking to
the lens all winter, giving a mottled look to the picture under certain
lighting conditions.Sure does look like smoke though...

                         Grover Schrayer