[Geysers] Fogged camera

Whitledge, Vicki M. WHITLEVM at uwec.edu
Fri Sep 22 15:57:18 PDT 2006

A possible explanation...

I was watching for the start of Old Faithful on Sep 22 about 4:48.  The camera was clear and a crowd was gathered.  The eruption started.  The first frame was fine.  The picture reloaded and more than half the frame was fogged.  From the part that I could see, it was clear that the crowd had scattered and the wind was blowing towards the webcam!  The next frame was clear again and some people had returned.  Then the next frame had some fogging.

Hopefully, the fogging will only occur when the wind is in certain directions.

Vicki Whitledge