[Geysers] Nice Web Cam of Bee Hive/Depression

Graham Meech meechg at verizon.net
Mon Sep 18 16:33:56 PDT 2006

After sitting in the rain waiting for Giant for a few hours in the cold and
wind we all forgot about having cold toes and fingers when the hot period
started and then Giant erupted.  I didn't realize how damp my jeans were
under my 'waterproof' pants until many of us mobbed the Basin Store/Lower
Hams for hot chocolate, soup, and anything hot.  It's hard to believe, but
even our Giant smiles got even bigger when our hands were wrapped tightly
round a hot cup of chocolate!

I knew I had to go and change my jeans and get dressed up to go and listen
to Tara Cross play at the Inn but decided it was too early to stop gazing
and I was 'not too wet'.  So I decided to do the Old Faithful loop trail and
swing by the VC.  Walking toward the hill from the cabins I saw Lion 1735ie,
Plume 1737 and then as I got close to the Beehive overlook I saw a small
geyser next to Beehive start 1739 ...very unusual for me to call a daylight
Beehive Indicator start on the radio!  Where were all the Beehive watchers?

So I dashed back up the trail and got to the hill before Beehive went off
after a short 5 min indicator.  Yep it was me that decided to walk through
the water and look at Depression, then walked back.  That water was very
cold soaking my jeans and shoes but I was a very very happy gazer.  This was
the only daylight Beehive I saw on the boardwalk for my two week trip this
year but I did see it up close at 0221ie on Sept 9th (up very early to check
on Grotto/Giant), 0553 on the 14th  (waiting for it on Geyser Hill while
Grotto marathoned, a beautiful moon and starlit eruption that Tara joined me
for), and on my last day at 0531ns on the 17th (a late start for me and
Beehive started as I approached Plume in the dark).

Now we need the webcam shot of Giant and Beehive :-)

Go Giant!

Graham Meech

  _____