[Geysers] Geyser report September 13

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Wed Sep 13 14:43:31 PDT 2006

The weather people now say that the coming storm should arrive midday
tomorrow (Thursday), and that the wettest and coldest part of the storm should  be
Friday night and Saturday. Forecast high temperatures in West Yellowstone  for
Saturday and Sunday, 48 degrees.

Beehive continues its nighttime mode, erupting today sometime before  0400.

I only caught two Plume intervals today, 59 and 64 minutes.

In reference to the photo posted by LC, which appears to show an eruption
next to Lion -- I looked and others plan to, but we seem to be pretty much in
agreement that _IF_ that truly was an eruption, then it was by Goggles Spring
and not by North Goggles Geyser. I looked at the area this morning, and all
appears completely normal at North Goggles. However, without leaving the
boardwalk, I could not tell for sure if runoff from Goggles was or was not  freshly
washed.

Castle had a major eruption, at 0659ie!

Grand at 0612 was a T1C.

There was an Oblong at 0546ns, then another at 1037, so an interval of  about
4h 51m. Beautiful eruption, nice lighting with a nice wind  direction.

Giant apparently had a hot period around 0700, with a duration of 3
minutes-something. Then the following: 0751 (d ~ 1m 50s), 0858 (d = 1m 10s),  1002
(bathtub), 1055 (bathtub), 1146 (bathtub), 1235 (d = 7m 35s; slow to start  and
Feather Satellite not on until near the 5 minute mark).

Grotto was 0619ie and off sometime before 0840. Then Grotto Fountain was
1252 and Grotto at 1255.

This morning on the drive in I saw that Lemon Spring was clear and calm. On
the drive out, at about 1345, it was opaque and boiling.