[Geysers] Geyser report Sept 11 and 12

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Tue Sep 12 15:38:49 PDT 2006

I was in the UGB yesterday, 9/11/06, but it was not a particularly exciting
day.

Beehive continues to erupt in the middle of the night, as has been the case
for several days.

Plume at 0919 was an interval of 85 minutes. After  that, it wasn't called on
the radio until after 1300, so I don't know what it  was up to.

Grand erupted at 1112 (T1C), that making a double interval of  18h 05m.

Oblong erupted at 0637ie but then had not been see again as of  1315.

>From Sunday to yesterday, Grotto had been in marathon. What was  apparently
the recovery hot period happened at 0806 and, for a recovery, was  unimpressive
with a duration of 5m 08s. That was followed by additional hot  periods at
0928ie, 1036 (d ~ 3 1/2 min), 1136 (d = 3m 05s), and [wheee] 1256 (d  = 0m 42s).

Daisy had intervals of 3h 02m and 2h  43m.
Then today, 9/12/06,  in with my wife for lunch:

Plume had one interval of 82  minutes.

Beehive, still in early am, was seen by Alan Glennon at 0210  (Indicator of 7
minutes).

Castle had consecutive minbors, the second  starting at 0915 with a duration
of not longer than 4 minutes.

Grand was  0136ie and 0934 (T2Q).

I heard nothing about Oblong, but it was slightly  below overflow at about
1000.

Yesterday into the night, Grotto had a  "10K" sort of long eruption.
Evidently (probably?) the hot period around 0700  this morning was the recovery, with
a duration of roughly 5 minutes. With an  intervening bathtub, an additional
hot period took place at 1004 (d = 1m  06s).
-----------------------------------
AccuWeather forcast for West  Yellowstone -- Weather Channel and newspapers
all read about the same, by day  & date/low temp/high temp/conditions:
Wed 9-13/36/76/partly cloudy
Thu  9-14/37/66/increasing clouds and showers
Fri 9-15/37/62/mostly cloudy with  storms, mtn snow becoming snow at night (4
to 6 inches)
Sat 9-16/36/49/snow  early and late, rain by day
Sun 9-17/29/54/rain and snow showers, slight  clearing late
Mon 9-18/29/56/variable clouds
Tues 9-19 through Fri  9-22/20s/50s/rain and or snow daily.

Remember that the above is a forcast  and I'm only relaying it, but fall
appears to be real close. Hope you had a  great summer.