[Geysers] Sylvan Springs

Janet Chapple jochapple at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 2 11:11:37 PDT 2006

Hello all,

Has anyone been to Sylvan Springs in recent years? For a bit of
sleuthing I am doing, with help from Whittlesey, Paperiello, and Bryan,
I would like to know what sort of topography you encounter there, in
particular, could Bryan's UNNG-GIB-13 be said to be located in a sort
of gorge? The only time I tried to go out there, we were thwarted by a
wind that fortold the imminent toppling of lodgepole snags, and then we
saw a grizzly. We didn't continue--but going there is a goal of mine
for some future day.

I'll send more information on why this interests me soon.

Thanks,
Janet