[Geysers] Geyser Report September 1

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri Sep 1 15:46:57 PDT 2006

Lordy, September already. Temperature at Old Faithful this morning was  about
20, but by midday it did finally get fairly comfortable. The geysers...
nothing special.

Plume, actually, was slow. It had intervals of 82, 82, 98 (yes, 98) and 80
minutes.

Beehive went at 1324 (Indicator of 13 minutes), for an interval of 25h  22m.

Lion had a series of 3 eruptions.

Castle pulled consecutive minors, at 0419E and 0933 (d ~ 3 minutes). (Alan
Friedman got that time and duration, but his radio refuses to transmit, so he
couldn't call it.)

Grand was at 0842 (T1C), interval 8h 11m.

Daisy gave intervals of 2h 26m and 2h 19m.

Once again, today's recovery hot period at Giant was before any observer  was
out. Then there were hot periods as follows:
0758, d ~ 5 min
0851, d ~ 1 1/2 min
0948, d = 1m 09s (whee)
1046, d = 7m 23s. This one was pretty goot, with a minute or so of Mastiff
to 4 feet and wide, Cave to several inches, and such. But when Mastiff dropped,
 it _dropped_.
1218, d = 1m 15s
1331 "water rising in Mastiff" as I drove out of radio range.

Grotto Fountain was at 0758 ie, Grotto at 0805. Grotto's duration was less
than 55 minutes.
Grotto Fountain was at 1244, Grotto at 1249.

Neither inbound nor outbound did I see anything "reportable" in the Lower
Basin.