[Geysers] Geyser report May 28

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sun May 28 18:56:48 PDT 2006

Off and on snow all day. "Everybody" was focussed on Giant (and Grotto), so
this report is a bit limited.

Grotto Fountain erupted at 0715ns. It had a duration of about 16 minutes  and
did NOT result in Grotto.

Grotto Fountain erupted at 0916 (duration 17 minutes) and DID result in
Grotto (0926). Grotto had a duration of about 1h 35m.

At 0747 there was a strong Giant Hot Period. Duration 8m 50s. Mastiff  surged
strongly and held some height (3 to 4 feet to me, 5 to 6 feet to David
Monteith) pretty well. Most intriguing was the jetting by Giant, several minutes
after the end of the hot speriod, jetting so strong that we thought it was
going  to erupt at that point.

Subsequent hot periods: 0919 (d ~ 2 min), 1046 (d = 3m 05s), and 1224 (d
only 1m 28s). These were all very weak.

After Grand had full pool waves but failed to erupt in renewed snow.  Because
of a tickle in my throat that leads me to believe (now, still, hours  later)
that I'm coming down with a cold, I left the basin.

Other stuff:
Plume had closed intervals (the only that I recorded) of 58 and 63  minutes.
Beehive was near 23 hours. Indicator was, I believe, 13 minutes.
Dome was active again.
Daisy had one interval of 3h 42m.
Oblong erupted at 1153. At 0630 it was "just below overflow", so this looks
to have been an interval of 6 hours or more.