[Geysers] Thanks to all and Joining GOSA!

Todd Miller colopho at comcast.net
Thu May 25 11:07:39 PDT 2006

My family and I want to thank all in the GOSA community for the fun we have had over the last few years due to the kindness and sharing of knowledge from GOSA members.  We have enjoyed going to Yellowstone for several years but the geyser gazer community has made our visits even more special.  There have been numerous examples but three come to mind in particular.  The first was when several gazers told us to stick around when we were about to leave the Grotto/Riverside area of UGB - that resulted in us seeing an incredible Fan & Mortar eruption over a Labor Day weekend.  This past summer, in response to a request on the list serve, we received countless recommendations on options to see less well-known or "off the beaten path" geysers and other thermal features.  We ended up having a great time seeing Pocket Basin and also Imperial and Spray geysers along with Fairy Falls and now have a huge list of others to go see in future years.  And, while waiting to see Oblong for the first time, one gazer even knitted a bright pink scarf for our daughter!

We have been on the list serve for the past 2 years and it is a great way to stay plugged into Yellowstone between our too infrequent visits.  As we enjoyed reading the latest emails this past week, including yet another Giant eruption - someday we'll hopefully see one in person - we realized it was high time we made it official so we have mailed in our family membership to GOSA.  We look forward to now receiving the Sput along with continuing to interact with GOSA members online and on our future visits to Yellowstone.

Todd, Mary, Christopher and Kelly Miller
Lakewood, CO