[Geysers] Giant in 2006 (Stephens)

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri May 5 06:52:40 PDT 2006

In a message dated 5/5/2006 12:07:21 AM Mountain Standard Time,

#164  Mike Keller reported the signs washed sometime between 4/1  and 4/8.
Based on observation of the platform, he estimated it had  erupted two days
prior.  I believe that was based on the type of recovery  seen earlier in the
year.  As we found out the week of April 17, the  recovery pattern changed
sometime prior to the third week of April, and  possibly earlier than that.
Hopefully the electronic monitor will give a  better date and time for that eruption.

[snip]

I'm  sure all of us keeping lists will scramble to update them when/if the
next  electronic record becomes available.

Thanks to Lynn and Paul for the corrections/updates. I hope all is now
correct, and so I am again attaching the entire list as a Word file. This is
current as of late afternoon, Thursday, May 4, 2006. I will be in to Old  Faithful
later today, although mostly as a "tourist" rather than as a gazer  (opening
day for Snow Lodge, where step-daughter Sherri is a dining room server,  as
well as opening day for Lodge and upper store).

I do want to ask regarding the above statement about Giant's electronic
record. I asked this question at Old Faithful the other day and nobody had an
answer. Is there an operating recorder at Giant? If so, it is Jens Day's
recorder or is it a Park Service recorder? (This would seem to make a big  difference
as to when the data might be available.) Lastly, if there is not a  NPS
recorder there, is it possible that one could be placed there, SOON?