[Geysers] acronyms, was Giant again 4/30/06

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon May 1 19:56:49 PDT 2006

In a message dated 5/1/2006 5:48:33 PM Mountain Standard Time,
megj at nwlink.com writes:

GIP?

Is there a place where a newbie can get a list of the  acronyms you folks
use?

GIP = ?? "Generally Incompetent Person" ?? Sounds reasonable

er, no, I guess not. How about "Giant's Indicator Pool", which used to also
be called "The Gipper"... By and large, a "newbie" could do any of three
things.  Stick around and pay attention (and then maybe you'll pick up on them --
even I  occasionally hear something mysterious), or submit a query with a list,
or get  my book (which includes some of these terms, though admittedly not
many).