[Geysers] Old Faithful walkers

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sat Mar 25 18:55:05 PST 2006

In a message dated 3/24/2006 10:09:50 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Guyser1 at aol.com writes:

I would,  (and will,) call the super's office and ask for an explanation.  Is
this  a research project or just elitist abuse?

I don't think it takes much of a look to see the NPS green color of that
clothing. I could be wrong of course, since I don't KNOW who it was out on the
cone. But given the sensitivity to off-trail areas, this is of course the ideal
 time for NPS personnel to conduct whatever research it is that they want to
accomplish. Old Faithful just happens to be the one place in the YNP geyser
basins where their "act" can be captured by the Webcam.

It ought to be rather easy to check to see if there was legitimate research
project happening out there. It would undoubtedly have been conducted by
people  with the Yellowstone Center for Resources -- folks like Henry heasler, for
example, or maybe some biologist I suppose. Calling the Superintendent's
office  will only result in a run-around, as the person you talk to there no doubt
will  be a receptionist who certainly will have no idea whatsoever as to
whether or  not somebody permitted was on OF's cone. And I sincerely doubt, too,
if the Supt  would know, either.

This "elitist" business comes up every year or two. How strange. How
ridiculous for somebody to jump on that thought.