[Geysers] More on Morning

Michael Lang fangysr at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 4 11:09:49 PST 2006

From: Michael Lang  (Fangysr at hotmail.com)
This morning (Saturday) I spoke with two guests from Livingston, MT
who were also on the Thursday evening coach tour.  They pretty
much said the same things as Russell had told me on Friday evening.
They said that they were by Leather Pool when they heard the
sounds of something erupting down the hill from them.  They went
down to the area by Fountain geyser where they could hear something
erupting behind it.  They said that it was going higher than their
flashlight
beams, they estimated it at 80-100 ft.  The bursting was accompanied by a
very loud "Popping" sound.  They said that the spray from the eruption was
hitting the boardwalk.  The duration of the eruption was 25-30 minutes.
They also noticed that Clepsydra Geyser had shut off, they said that it
restarted shortly after whatever it was they saw erupting had stopped.
David Goldberg was going to go check on it today, but he has to
do a Ski tour so will not be able to get out there at least until tomorrow
(Sunday).
If it really was Morning, the signs should be obvious.
Michael Lang