[Geysers] Geyser report June 26

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon Jun 26 14:47:26 PDT 2006

Although I was in the park on Saturday, I somehow never got around to  filing
a report -- but no matter, as there wasn't anything much to say -- and I  was
not beyond my driveway yesterday. The following is as of about 1230  today.

Giant still has not erupted since the 17th. Yesterday Grotto was in a long
marathon (apparently the first since last Tuesday). What no doubt was the first
 Grotto Fountain and Grotto after that took place with Grotto  Fountain
0907ie. Grotto started at 0920 and had a duration of 6 minutes.  (Yes, six.) The
next try was at 1125 Grotto Fountain and 1136 Grotto.

That interval Grotto Fountain to Grotto Fountain was (about) 2h 18m. Last
Wednesday, when we got Grotto Fountain without Grotto, the interval to the next
GF + Grotto was 2h 19m. (I might have bungled my math in that report, 'cause
I  think I said 2h 21m.)

Somewhere in the vicinity of 0635 there was a Giant hot period, probably  the
marathon recovery and probably pretty strong. Thereafter, however, things
were rather poor. Hot periods at 0828 (D ~ 7 1/2 minutes, Mastiff briefly to
around 3 feet), 0936 (D < 3 min), 1050 (D = 4m 10s), and 1156 (D < 3 min).  On
the last three, Mastiff barely overflowed and there was no Feather  Satellite.

Daisy was 0553, 0823 (2h 30m), and 1040 (2h 17m).

Oblong was at 0500ie and 0946 (so about 4 3/4 hours).

Grand at 0122E and 0844 (7h 22m), a T2C.

Beehive from Friday to Saturday had an interval of 23h 31m (Saturday's
Indicator was a long 19 minutes); Saturday to Sunday it was 24h 27m; and today  it
was 22h 14m with an Indicator of 11 minutes.

And Plume today had intervals that I saw of 70 and 58 minutes.

Today, I did NOT see any splashing from the new thing by the river at
Biscuit Basin.