[Geysers] Saturday's Giant

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sun Jun 18 19:21:34 PDT 2006

I drove tour today and will again tomorrow, so no actual report. But  talking
to Kitt Barger today, it seems that no gazer and only two visitors were
actually at Giant for last evening's (Saturday, 6/17/06 @1920) eruption. This is
because hot periods had been rather short (6 minutes or less) and weak
(mostly, Mastiff flat), basically indicating nothing pending. Kitt and kids were
eating in the Lodge, Steve was across the river at Dilapidated. (And I was home
in West Y.)

Apparently, though:
Grotto was off but probably (?) near start.
The visitors reported that they saw the Southwest Vents, Feather and  Feather
Satellite.
When specifically queried, the visitors said there was NO action (that they
saw, anyhow) in Mastiff.
Some surging, and FOOM.
Thus, evidently Giant Function.