[Geysers] Beehive and the Bubbler

George Schroeder gschroeder at clearwire.net
Thu Jun 15 17:34:53 PDT 2006

When we arrived at the UGB on June 2nd, we were told that the bubbler by
Beehive had been starting 2.5 to 3 hours before Beehive.  We decided to
try and keep track of this during our stay.  Below are the results from
the eruptions that we saw.

Date        Time of Beehive        Time between Bubbler and Beehive
6-2             1134                   no data
6-3             1132                   2.5 to 3 hours
6-4             1059                   2 hours
6-5             1105*                  40 minutes
6-6             1142                   1 hour 40 minutes
6-7             0934                   50 minutes to 2 hours
6-8             0635                   no data
6-9             1041                   3 hours 45 minutes
6-10            1320                   more that 6 hours 30 minutes
6-11            1313                   more than 6 hours

* a "no indicator" eruption

The entries without an exact time are due to not knowing when the
bubbler started.  They are based on the latest time the bubbler was
known to be off and the earliest time that the bubbler was known to be
on.  We had not heard of the possible bubbler - Beehive connection when
we arrived on 6-2, so did not have any data on the bubbler start time.
The 6-8 "no data" entry was due to the indicator being i.e. upon arrival
on the hill.

The bubbler may have given useful information earlier in the season.
But, except for the first couple of eruptions, the most that we could
get from it was that Beehive had not erupted recently.

George and Sue Schroeder