[Geysers] Project about geysers

Udo Freund gosastore at qnet.com
Thu Jun 1 16:30:34 PDT 2006

Dear Max,

Yes, Strokkur is a fountain geyser.  Geysers and geothermal energy
plants do not coexist very well.  There is documented evidence that
geysers in Beowawe and Steamboat Springs Nevada USA stopped all activity
once nearby geothermal electric power plants began production.  New
Zealand and Iceland have seen similar effects also.  Web searches on
these subjects may provide some data.

Perhaps some people on a geyser list can elaborate further.  This
message is also being sent to them.

Best wishes for the success of your project.

Udo Freund (Mein Deutsch ist bestimmt schlecter als dein English!  Ich
var in Halver, Westphalen geboren.)