[Geysers] observations,Morning's Thief (Stephens)

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 30 18:36:14 PDT 2006

>>3. On the 26th, we walked up on an eruption of Fountain, roughly at
>about
>1100.  From the top of the stairs, I noticed water erupting up from a sort
>of little bay at the very back of Morning's pool.  Is that Morning's Thief?
>(The main area of the Morning pool wasn't doing anything, but the pool was
>full.)  It was erupting for a lot of the time that Fountain was, often just
>boiling up a foot or two, but sometimes surging up to about six feet, maybe
>more.

Yes that is most probably Morning's Thief.  Sometime stop to look when
Fountain isn't erupting because it's much easier to see that Morning and
Morning's Thief are separate features.  Morning's Thief is a feature that is
separated from Morning by a sinter wall between Morning and the vent that is
Morning's Thief.  Once Fountain starts and sends water into Morning and
Morning's Thief fills, it appears that Morning's Thief is part of Morning,
but it isn't.

Lynn Stephens