[Geysers] Crack Geyser

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sun Jul 30 18:35:31 PDT 2006

In a message dated 7/30/2006 8:51:06 AM Mountain Standard Time,
lstephens2006 at hotmail.com writes:

On  another note--Jim Holstein reported Lemon Pool below overflow today and
the road was damp.  I had seen it below overflow and murky, but had  never
seen any evidence of an eruption--no wash, and no water on the  road.  But,
given the high temperatures we've had, any water on the  road would dry
quickly.

As I reported today (Sunday, July 30) to several gazers, today at about
10:40 Lemon Pool was high, overflowing in several directions, and very  distinctly
showing superheated boiling, plus an accasional big bubble. I could  not see
that it had actually erupted, but it certainly acted close to it. The  water,
still blue, was essentially opaque with sediment. Fun, again. (Who cares  if
Giant erupted. Ah, yes. Well....)

P.S. I am surprised that as of Sunday at 1930, I do not see a  report that
Giant erupted today, Sunday July 30 at 0239, apparently Mastiff  function seen
by a number of die-hard gazers.