[Geysers] Biscuit Basin names

Lee_Whittlesey at nps.gov Lee_Whittlesey at nps.gov
Thu Jul 27 07:55:25 PDT 2006

As I recall, the one at Lone Star is called the Pepper Box.   Rocco has
information on it.

Lee Whittlesey

                      "Laurie Brown"
                      <lauriebr at netw.co        To:       "geyser observation reports" <geysers at wwc.edu>
                      m>                       cc:       (bcc: Lee Whittlesey/YELL/NPS)
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [Geysers] Biscuit Basin names
                      geysers-bounces at w
                      wc.edu

                      07/23/2006 11:04
                      AM MST
                      Please respond to
                      geyser
                      observation
                      reports

> As for "Salt and Pepper" the only thing I find odd about that is having
> the and-bit followed by (singular) Geyser.  Come to think of it, there
are
> both black and white peppercorns.... perhaps something like the Pepper
> Mill would do nicely as a name even without salt included, and allow for
> it to someday run out of black stuff to grind up and spit out?
>
> I don't have Wonderland Nomenclature handy, but is there not already
> either a Castor or a Pollux somewhere in Yellowstone?
>
> GRB

What's the name of those little holes on the top of Lone Star? Aren't they
something about either salt or pepper shakers/mills?

Laurie, Dark Phoenix
lauriebr at netw.com
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; give him a freshly-charged
Electric Eel and chances are he won't bother you for anything ever again.
              -- Tanuki