[Geysers] Geyser report July 22

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sat Jul 22 15:08:19 PDT 2006

Around the basins only for the morning hours today -- frankly, I don't
appreciate near-90 temps in the geyser basins (officially 90 in West yesterday)
nor the crowds on Utah's Pioneer Days weekend. Lots of gazers around, for sure.
In parking space order by the lower store, with no parking spaces between
them,  at 0900 we had: Lasseter, Cross, Bryan, Glasser, Strasser, Schwarz, Friz,
Thomson, Barger, Stephens, and Powell; and the Slivkas had just departed.

Plume had consecutive intervals of 72, 59 and 67 minutes.

Castle had a 3-4 minute minor at 0854.

Grand erupted at 0925, 4 minutes after the start of Rift, for an interval  of
only 6h 29m

Grotto started a marathon at about 1700 yesterday and was still going as of
1030 today.

Daisy had an interval of 2h 07m.

In the Lower Basin, Fountain was i.e. at 1125. After several days of seeing
nothing in the Pink Cone Group, at 0633, Pink Cone, Narcissus and Bead were
all  it, and Box Spring went at 0637. Minutes before I'd seen Logbridge have a
nice  10-12 foot eruption with a duration of 28 seconds.

All for now. Because Grand has been pulling some somewhat-longer intervals
recentIy, pulled the times from the last 13 days from the VC logbook. I'll post
 a summary separately.